National Q Data Sheet
Purpose: Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) will provide timely, cost effective, and comprehensive case review for Priority Dispatch System (PDS) licensed agencies seeking to outsource the quality assurance (QA) case review process. These services will align fully with International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) call processing and QA standards and support the achievement of Accredited Center of Excellence (ACE) status by the agency.
Procedure: PDC will provide SecureLink® for our ongoing remote customer connectivity. SecureLink setup is provided to the client at no additional cost and allows the National Q to access ProQA and/or ProQA exported files. National Q will obtain a percentage of the call volume recordings based on a sliding scale calculator (typically between 1% to 3% or 25 per week, based on call volume). The case review recordings will be randomly selected for the appropriate number of cases to be reviewed. The client agency will be responsible for providing any local agency policies, CAD records, or other supporting documentation to facilitate comprehensive, balanced case review.
National Q assigns IAED certified Emergency Dispatch Quality Assurance (ED-Q) personnel who will remotely conduct the case review utilizing the most current version of the AQUA software. Case reviewers have the following qualifications and meet the following standards as a minimum:
- Currently work for an IAED ACE organization
- Currently an IAED certified ED-Q
- 3 years’ experience in an ED-Q role or currently assigned in an ED-Q role
- Experience with current ProQA and AQUA software
The PDC reviewer will then provide the completed case audit records and notify the designated person(s) at the client agency with a weekly, monthly, or quarterly report of the National Q work performed.
The client agency will receive an additional AQUA workstation license to maintain the ability to generate in-house reports and store completed case review records. The client agency must have at least one ED-Q certified individual on staff.
An authorized individual with the client agency will distribute completed case review records to the employees reviewed on the employee’s next workday or within a reasonable time frame after the client agency receives the completed audit records. The client agency ED-Q(s) must be capable of knowledgeably supporting the review from PDC. If the employee has questions or disagrees with a review or scoring in any way, he or she can initially seek clarification with the client agency ED-Q. If additional clarification is needed, the PDC reviewer may be consulted and will provide input as necessary via phone or email.
Services: The National Q staff may be available, based on the contractual arrangements, for:
- An initial site visit to meet client agency representatives and to familiarize themselves with local operations, policies, etc.
- Regularly scheduled conference calls to discuss case review findings.
- Providing direct emergency dispatcher feedback regarding their performance.
- Conducting site visits with the client agency, allowing for attendance at Dispatch Steering Committee and Dispatch Review Committee meetings (this may require on-site consulting days).
- Reviewing and supporting accreditation activities.
- Recommending specific continuing education lessons and topics to maximize emergency dispatcher performance and relevance to monthly and quarterly results.
Structure: PDC will provide comprehensive management and oversight of National Q case review staff, processes, communications, and scheduling to ensure compliance to contractual obligations. Only assigned, certified ED-Q staff will be responsible for providing National Q case review services.